Take BART to the Powell Street Station. Walk up Market Street (east toward the Ferry Building) to 4th Street. Walk down 4th Street (south) to Howard; walk around the carousel, toward the center/middle of the block. The walkway opens up to a garden and playground. The Ice Center is across the garden on the left side.
750 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
- Between Third and Fourth Streets
- On top of the Moscone Center
- Centrally located in San Francisco’s vibrant SOMA district
- Parking and traffic can be difficult at times. We strongly recommend taking public transportation when convenient
Elevator out of Service
- The elevator servicing the Ice Skating and Bowling Centers is closed for maintenance. It is estimated to be back in service mid-November
- ADA accessible ramp available with street entrance at the corner of Fourth & Howard
- Expect congestion on Fourth Street between Market Street and Harrison due to the lane reduction on Fourth Street during the construction of the MUNI Central Subway line and Moscone station construction
- Expect congestion on Howard Street between Third and Fourth Streets during the remodeling of the Moscone Center
Pedestrian Bridge Closure
- The bridge over Howard Street will be closed in mid-April due to the remodeling of the Moscone Center
- Entrances to Yerba Buena Ice Skating and Bowling Center:
- Corner of Howard and Fourth Streets, walk behind the Carousel to the handicap accessible ramp beside the Children’s Creativity Museum
- Middle of Fourth Street, take the stairs up to the second level
- Folsom Street, take the first set of stairs (closest to Fourth Street), or elevator to the second level
Twenty-eight Muni lines drop off within two blocks of The Yerba Buena Ice Skating & Bowling Center. They include: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 9X, 12, 14, 14X, 16AX, 16BX, 21, 30, 31, 38, 38L, 45, 66, 71, F, J, K, L, M, N & T.
Providing service from Marin and North, there are 15 Golden Gate Transit buses that stop within one and two blocks of the Yerba Buena Ice Skating & Bowling Center, including the: 4, 20, 38, 72, 10, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 18, 54, 78.
Thirty-seven bus lines stop at the San Francisco Transbay Terminal. The Transbay Terminal is located between Fremont and First streets on Mission. Riders departing the terminal can walk four blocks down Mission to reach Yerba Buena Gardens and then through the park to the Rooftop and Yerba Buena Ice Skating & Bowling Center.
Running between Gilroy and San Francisco, Caltrain is a great alternative when coming from the Peninsula. The Caltrain station is four blocks from the Yerba Buena Ice Skating & Bowling Center.
SamTrans provides service from the Sam Mateo County region to downtown San Francisco. Seven buses stop within a block of the Yerba Buena Ice Skating & Bowling Center, including the: 5M, 7B, 18F, 19F, 41, 16F.
Driving & Parking
To prepare for MUNI subway expansion, there is ongoing construction on 4th St.between Market & Harrison Streets. Including 4th Street being regularly closed under highway 80. Expect slow moving traffic and general congestion.
Cross the Golden Gate Bridge and take Lombard to Van Ness. Turn right on Van Ness and continue to Broadway. Take a left onto Broadway and continue through the tunnel to Embarcadero. Take a right onto Embarcadero and continue until you reach Howard. Take a right onto Howard to 4th Street. Take a left onto 4th Street and continue to Folsom. The Ice Center is on Folsom, between 4th and 3rd streets.
Cross the Bay Bridge. Take the 5th Street Exit. Make a right onto 5th and continue to Folsom Street. Take a right on Folsom and continue to 4th. The Ice Center is on Folsom, between 4th and 3rd streets.
Take 101 or 280 North toward the 80 approach to the Bay Bridge. Exit at 4th Street. Continue to Howard Street. Turn left onto Howard and proceed to 3rd Street. Turn left at 3rd Street and turn left onto Folsom. The Ice Center is on Folsom, between 4th and 3rd streets.
On Folsom between 3rd & 4th Streets, there are two white loading zones. The first one is for the Child Development Center, closest to 4th Street. Just 6 parking spaces down is a second loading zone for the Ice Skating & Bowling Center. The loading zone hours are 7:00am to 11:00pm everyday. Please do not park in the loading zone or risk being ticketed and towed. Also please do not block the handicap ramp to the street at the start of our loading zone.
Although parking in any urban area can be challenging, the combination of conventions, downtown workers and attractions in the Yerba Buena Gardens area make parking even more challenging on a few occasions. Using public transit is always a good option. There are however typically over 500 available spaces on a daily basis in the Fifth & Mission Garage, directly adjacent to Metreon and the Gardens.
There are also many other private lots and garages nearby. Metered parking is available on most adjacent streets. Please pay careful attention to all posted signs regarding parking restrictions (some streets are limited to one hour parking 7 days a week) and make sure that you are not parked in lanes that become traffic lanes during commute hours along 3rd and 4th Streets.
The meters take the following types of payments: coins, including dollar coins, SFMTA pre-paid parking cards, credit cards, mobile payments from a cell phone, and some also accept credit cards. Except for Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day most meters operate and are enforced from 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Saturday.
There are a number of garages on the surrounding blocks. The tall office buildings often open up the garages for public parking. However, carefully note the rates and hours. Some close early in the evening and others charge a flat fee. When there are conventions, parking fees can very high.