Our Youth Hockey program has opportunities for players of all ages and abilities. Skaters start off in Hockey School where they learn how to skate and basics of playing hockey. Upon graduation, they play in our In-House league to refine their game and skating skills. Our most advanced players compete in our Travel Teams, which play against other youth teams throughout Northern California.
Spring & Summer Youth Stick & Puck
Stick Time is like a “public session” for hockey players. On the session, we have nets. Sometimes the skaters organize drills or half ice scrimmages. There is no referee, and full ice games are not permitted. Full Gear and signed waiver are REQUIRED. Private lessons are permitted during these sessions.
Sessions will begin starting on Friday, April 1, 2016
Check SkateBowl.com for added and cancelled sessions
- Discontinues on August 15, until Spring ’17
- Fridays, 7:30-8:45p
- $13 ($11 with YB VIP Card)
- Maximum 35 skaters
- Ages 5‐15 (parent if accompanied by skating child, pays full price; younger children Permitted if being chaperoned by skating parent/coach)
- ISI Hockey or USA Hockey membership is required for all skaters including adults; please bring your ID Card
- No adult supervision, no referee
- Does NOT include public session
- Maximum number of skaters is enforced; maximum includes goalies, who pay half price. Reservations accepted up to 2‐weeks in advance with non‐refundable, pre‐payment, $5 fee if being made on the phone.
- Waiver must be signed at the time of entry (by parent or guardian of minors unless skater has their own YB VIP card AND signed on‐going waiver).
- In-House Teams are managed by Sabercats Hockey Club
- Open enrollment
- Youth ages 5 to 10
- Choice of once or twice a week
- Year round
- Cross ice games
- USA Hockey curriculum
- USA Hockey Certified Coaches
- Practice/Games, Saturday and Sunday
- Travel Teams are managed by Sabercats Hockey Club
- Tryouts in June
- Season- August through March
- Norcal Youth Hockey
- Practice 2-3 weekdays late afternoon/evenings
- Games once or twice on Saturdays and Sundays in the greater Bay Area
- USA Certified Coaches
- Teams are based on USA Hockey age groupings
- Click on the arrow to go to the Sabercats’ website